Re: Question for our users

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Claude Jones
<cjoneslists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 11:17:23 Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> "multimedia" (home-) users, "office"-desktop users, linux-newcomers or
>> server-/multi-users should avoid Fedora.
>
> Well, let's see, I've got two instances of F10 sitting here beside me in my
> home, and they both can play any flavor of multi-media I throw at them

For those who may be following this thread and aren't in "the know".
Fedora does not employ any known mechnaisms to prevent you from
playing any sort of media. The only limiting factor is the ease with
which you may obtain the required software to play such media. For
purposes ranging from ethical standpoint to United States
"intellectual property" law, Fedora does not include by default a lot
of such software. However, a lot of that software is available, and
made easily available to system running Fedora. Fedora will not
however threaten your, your computer, or your family with any kind of
harm if you choose to add any such software. It will continue to
function as expected.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )