Re: Printers

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 10:24 -0500, Michael Comperchio wrote:
What would be the best choice in inexpensive printers for use with Fedora? I'm relatively new to F10, though I've used Linux before. I'm hoping to never have to boot to the windoze side again. But printing and the inability to sync up with my Palm Lifedrive are the major holdups for that. I can probably live without the Livedrive...but I do need to print

HP printers seem to be very well supported.  Also I think Brothers
printers are as well.  I don't know about Lexmark, but they may be
supported good now, or at least better than before.

I had an HP D1300 (REAL inexpensive, but the power supply crapped out and the realities of life are that a new one (power supply) would end up costing more than the silly little printer did in the first place.

I just checked out Staples and they have an HP Photosmart C4580 Inket All-in-One that ends up being $104 out the door and is supported (according to http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web) by HPLIP. Next questions will be how to make it work when I can't figure it out1 :)

Thanks everyone for their input....

Michael