From: jack wallen <jlwallen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question for our users
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 11:06 AM

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Hello Fedora Users!  I was wondering if everyone wouldn't mind answering
> the following questions for me to the list.
>
> What is Fedora (the operating system)?

Fedora is a distribution of Linux that is used by Red Hat as a testing ground to prove and test software for its flagship Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat was, at one point, a free, open source distribution until the model was changed and now Red Hat is a purchased, enterprise-level distribution of Linux. Fedora, in essence, has taken the place of the free version of Red Hat.
> Who uses Fedora?

Anyone accustomed to the RPM package manager and who cut their teeth on Red Hat.
> Who should use Fedora?

New users should avoid Fedora unless they want to be forced to learn the ins and outs of solving Linux issues.
> Thanks all!
>
>     -Mike

-- \||/  jack wallen, jr
00   blogs.techrepublic.com/opensource