Re: jpg viewer with quick brightness adjust

Anne Wilson wrote:
> It lost its maintainer, I believe.  There have been many requests for it
> to be revived, and someone did say that he'd look at the feasibility of
> taking it over, so we may get it back yet.

The big issue with it is that it relies on an obsolete image library (imlib,
which requires GTK+ 1 (WTF?! Why do you need a widget toolkit for an image
library?) and is no longer maintained). :-( It'd probably have to be
rewritten to use something newer (e.g. imlib2, which is very different, or
something new entirely) if it wants to be shipped in distros by default.
(We had a kdegraphics-extras in F8 which was not installed by default and
where we dumped Kuickshow into.)

        Kevin Kofler