Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:07:53
From: Steven W. Orr <steveo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Fedora List <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Firefox, dbus and NetworkManager OH MY

Now that I'm running F10, I notice that every time I start firefox, it comes up in offline mode. I can only browse by going to online mode. Very annoying. I googled around and found that those wacky guys over in ubuntu country had figgered it out. Here's the deal: Change every instance in

/etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManager.conf

	of

  <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager"/>
  <deny send_interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager"/>

and then do a service NetworkManager restart and your new firefox will come up online.

Also, I am running my network over a DHCP connection to my cablemodem provider, so it's not really clear to me that NetworkManager should even be doing *anything*.

I want to be a good Netizen and report this to bugzilla. My question is this: Is this a firefox, a NetworkManager or a dbus bug?

steveo at syslang.net