Re: life without system-config-display

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 17:59 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:

> > > That's why xml gibberish like the above is so well documented :-).
> > ----
> > do you just look for opportunities to cheap shot?
>
> For ones that are deserved, yes. You'd think that at a minimum there
> would at least be a line in input section of the xorg.conf man page
> saying the information there is obsolete and good luck finding what
> replaced it, but there isn't even that much of a hint anywhere
> in the most likely place to look for one.
>
> Enough perfectly justified cheap shots and I might someday perform
> the miracle of getting a linux developer to think "Hmmm... If we
> improve this so much no one can understand how to use it, that
> isn't really an improvement is it?". (But I don't hold out any
> real hope of that happening).
----
I suppose you missed the fact that in this very thread, I am praising
the logic behind not having an xorg.conf file which locks me into
settings because kdesettings 'Display' can do so much more.

The thing that eludes me is that with all of your superior knowledge,
why do you remain sitting on the sidelines and taking cheap shots
instead of joining the development team where your opinions have a
chance of becoming part of the solution?

I'm gathering that you have bugzilla'd your corrections for the
xorg.conf man page so that your input doesn't only live and die on the
list.

I hate to say this because I, over time, have come to realize that you
do have some knowledge of these things and also to realize that your
attitude sucks. Perhaps you should be using a distribution or software
that is more aligned towards your views...perhaps slackware or lfs. One
thing for sure, if I were a Fedora developer, I'd tune you out.

Craig