Re: ****Re: life without system-config-display

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 22:22 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 23:09 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 21:56:40 -0700
> > Craig White wrote:
> >
> > > One more thing...I set it up with my KVM and finally just booted it
> > > without any of that attached and realized that the built-in track pad
> > > doesn't work at all. I installed ksynaptics, disconnected the USB mouse
> > > and rebooted but it still seems dead to the world in Fedora, not in
> > > Windows. Anyone have a suggestion?
> >
> > The trackpad works fine on my Acer Aspire One with F10.  In fact, I've never
> > had a "real" mouse on that machine yet.
> ----
> that's not very helpful. I suspect that because my setup has always had
> a USB mouse connected until now, that's why I don't have it.
>
> At least look in /etc/modprobe.conf or do an lsmod and give me a hint
> where the solution is
----
never mind...PEBKAC

apparently <Function><F7> is a toggle for on/off on the touchpad and I
must have fat fingered it when I was going for <Function><F6> for the
KVM display.

Nice that I can shut it off when I'm seriously typing. Bad that my
eyesight requires me to take off my glasses to try to figure out what
the little symbols are on the little keyboard.

Thanks

Craig