Re: FC10, Could not start Kstartupconfig

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 15:57 -0500, Jim wrote:
Had to reinstall box with KDE and when partitioning I left the /home/users directories alone. after installation i had to put the users back in with passwords (no change in username and password) Out of five users when trying to log back into two users I get this error message , "Could not start Kstartupconfig"
, and I can't get into their home directories.

How did you create the new user logins?

I'm guessing that you just added new users, one by one, and didn't add
them in the same order as the first time around.  So that some user
names have the same user ID (numerical), and some don't.

Most likely that's what i did and I wasn't aware of that, ol well learn the hard way.