Re: KVM Switch Suggestions -- Are The Ebay Cheapies Okay?

On Thursday 15 January 2009 23:56:12 Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Are the no-name-brand, two-port, USB 2.0 PS2 KVM switch boxes with two
> cables which sell for $14.99 and free shipping on EBay any good? Here is
> an example: item 140294824343 from seller insidecomputer. Recent
> discussions (from 2007) suggest IOGear and Trendnet switches as good
> brands. If I can get a cheap switch that works, though, I'm willing to
> do it.

I've seen a lot of message from people having trouble with KVMs.  I did have a
Belkin, but it was a serial connector type, not USB.  I had no problems at
alll with that, running two Linux boxes.  If you can find one of those and you
have serial ports on the boxes you want to use, I'd say buy this.  It may be
old technology, but it works.

Anne