Re: KVM Switch Suggestions -- Are The Ebay Cheapies Okay?

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:56:12 -0500
Robert L Cochran wrote:

Recent
discussions (from 2007) suggest IOGear and Trendnet switches as good
brands.

I had nothing but problem with any and all KVM switches I ever
tried to use for several years (I'm sure I remember Belkin
being one of the worst, I think there were one or two others
I tried from time to time).

However, I got an IOGear 4 port DVI/USB KVM switch a year or so ago
and it has surprised me by working absolutely flawlessly out of the
box with zero problems.

I've had real good luck with Avocent KVM's have never had a problem,
however Belkin is another matter, junk.

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:ray@xxxxxxxx                             http://www.ccux.com