Re: xorg.conf resolution issues

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 09:41 -0500, jack wallen wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I did just add a KVM prior to installing F10. I
> didn't think it would be an issue but I think that might be the culprit.
> When I get home I'll remove it and see what happens. If that is the case -
> is there a way around it? Or can I remove it, reconfigure X, and
> re-install the KVM?

We're moving towards having X autoconfigure itself based on what the
hardware says it can do. This works in the most common cases. However,
with a KVM switch between the system and the monitor, it may not be
possible for the video card to get information from the monitor about
the resolutions and scan rates it supports (EDID), so you'll need to
supply that information in an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file -- either by
creating one manually or by using a config tool (system-config-display,
X -configure, nvidia-settings, ...).

-Chris