Re: Fedora 10 unable to mount usb drives after update

> I think this is a kernel issue. I updated to a kmod kernel because I
> have an NVidia graphics card.
>
> I have googled the issue but am only finding instances where this causes
> issue with booting but not an inability to mount usb devices.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
>
> Thank you.
>
> jack

a little more info. after poking around i find that usb-core is not

insmod: can't read 'usb-core': No such file or directory

i try:

insmod kmod-usb-core and i get the same error.

if i do lsmod i see
usb_storage            86408  0

but no core module.

is the usb_storage module the only module needed for this?

thanks for any help on this issue.