Re: Dependencies for fglrx drivers

2009/1/13 Julius Smith <julius.smith@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In case it's relevant, I got a Radeon HD 4850 working on F10 x86_64 by
> FIRST booting into single-user mode and then exiting to runlevel 5.  I
> don't have to do this two-stage boot using the vesa driver, but I do
> with the fglrx driver.  My display is 1920x1200 60Hz (flat panel LCD)
> - Julius

As Kevin said, I downloaded the compat-libstdc++ libraries and now
everything is perfect even with fglrx. However I noticed something,
livna-config-display requires system-config-display as a dependency.
However the F10 DVD doesn't have that package, and I had to download
it from the repos.

A li'l OT, the new graphical boot seems very smooth. I like the fact
that the user still has the option to see all the messages by just
hitting Alt+d.

Thanks again.
--
Suvayu