Re: No system-config-display, so what now?

Anne Wilson wrote:

I expect it's because having an xorg.conf is now discouraged, but as often happens, many of us have hardware that can't really do without it. I'm sure the day is coming - but it's not here yet :-)

We will get there faster, if people report bugs when autoconfiguration does not work. It doesn't yet on systems where the hardware reports it incorrectly, returns junk data or no data at all for instance but we can still make it work if we knew the hardware details. In a report, you can file the output of lspci, /var/log/Xorg.log without a custom xorg.conf and any further information you want to provide.

system-config-display is a bandaid from the time when XFree86 was stagnating badly but now that Xorg is going rapid development, it makes sense to fix the underlying issues instead.

Rahul