Re: netbook jonesing

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 19:26:58 Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 19:12 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:59:47 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > > All this talk about Acer Aspire and EEPro makes me want one. Is one
> > > better than another? Is the only difference in the Acer Aspires whether
> > > it comes with 8GB SSHD, 120 GB HD or 160 GB HD?  Too many models that
> > > seem about the same.
> >
> > 	Caveat : If you happen to have unusually large hands, or poor
> > eyesight, or both, be sure to buy only one you have spent some time
> > handling. With trifocal fingers and arthritic eyeballs, the only use I
> > can hope to get out of a 701 is in waiting rooms -- if (big IF) I can get
> > it to boot and connect fast enough. And according to the buzz at http://
> > forum.eeeuser.com/ I am by no means alone in these troubles.
> >
> > 	Also, they are evolving hand over fist. If in doubt, wait a few
> > months, maybe another year or so. I wish I had. There are probably a
> > couple out there now that would suit me.
>
> ----
> already ordered - reviews were positive on the Acer Aspire One keyboard
> and I got one of the 160GB models coming. Apparently the new ones with
> the 160 GB HD also have a '6 cell' battery whereas the older 120 GB had
> a '3 cell' battery and I'm gathering this means better battery life.

According to reviews the 6-cell battery is very good.  I considered asking
Santa to bring me one, but decided against it as weight is a big consideration
for me :-)

> suspect tho' that they've found a way to make them even cheaper based
> upon Anne's issues about wireless LED's.

Talking of wireless LEDs, I used to moan that the one on this laptop only
worked in windows.  Sometime about a year ago I suddenly noticed that it does
work now.  Hopefully a similar miracle will happen for the AA1 :-)

> Thanks to all - I'm going to be keeping up with the Jones's now

Enjoy!

Anne