Re: Network interfaces refusing to start on boot: F10

Around about 06/01/09 20:55, Phil Meyer typed ...
Network manager will then have the network available whenever a user is logged in, even in run mode 3. (like when you want to do a major update) If you need to start network services after an interface is up, use the scripts in:
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d
If you need network services available all the time, then that is a
server, by definition, and by all means its fair to turn off
NetworkManager.

Would that cover sshd? If so, remote admin couldn't ever log in unless a user was also logged in starting NM?

When F9 introduced this for boot up, we hit here the problem of user a/cs being auth'd via LDAP; there was no user, so no network, so no LDAP, so no login, so no user, ...

Has this catch-22 been resolved? (maybe the ONBOOT jobby only applies to NM< and you can now start I/Fs at bootup with NM?)

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature