Re: FC9 for a ASUS Eee 700

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is FC9 the way to go, or should I take the dive with FC10?  What are others
> running on their Eee?

I installed F10 (actually, the Omega spin) on my 900A and I'm
extremely pleased. I did a few customizations, such as mounting /tmp
in RAM. But overall it just worked.

I think your RAM is a bit tight, so you might want to replace that. I
ordered a 2GB SODIMM to replace the 1GB that came with my Eee. (In
fact, that means that I'm about to have a spare 1GB stick, if your
interested...)

I went with no swap at all. The thing boots fast enough that I'm not
really interested in hibernation.