Re: FC9 to FC10

I had some problems (with the installation of the intel compilers and
with some scientific libraries) but the most annoying ones were those
connected with the wifi and with the soundcard (and skype). How to
perform the preupgrade? from FC10 upgrade DVD? what improvements would
come from the upgrade?
Thank you in advance

2009/1/12 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Marco La Cognata wrote:
>> Dear all
>> I have installed FC9 few months before the release of FC10 on my
>> laptop and everything is working fine. Now I am wondering if I should
>> upgrade my system to FC10... I am afraid that I have to start again to
>> fix several problems and install again all the programs that are
>> already working on my laptop. What is your experience? Do you think it
>> is worth to switch to FC10 from FC9? Will I need to set everything
>> again (like root, skype, wifi and so on)?
>> Regards
>>
> You may want to look at preupgrade. It will preserve your installed
> programs, and most of the "tweeks" to the system. Without knowing
> what problems you had to fix with F9, I do not know if you will have
> the same problems with F10. I upgraded my laptop to F10 from F9 this
> way.
>
> Mikkel
> --
>
>  Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
>

> --

Marco La Cognata
INFN-LNS & University of Catania