Re: Just to increase the state of confusion.

---- Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Steve <zephod@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > So why don't I just upgrade to F9? Well, I'd like to but as I've previously reported on this list, something modified my /etc/fstab, inserted a bunch of UUIDs and removed the mount point for windows drive (dual boot) and so broke BackupPC. I'm about to start another thread on trying to figure this out and I don't want to upgrrade until I have a good backup.
>
> UUIDs are standard procedur enow for automated fstabs. You should file
> a bug  with BackupPC instead.

It was a beautiful afternoon here in cfl land so I had to go outside for a few hours.

There is no bug; it's just that the backup location has moved as a result of the change in fstab so BackupPC cannot create the hard links it needs because the location it is looking for no longer exists.. My external USB drive used to be mounted as /media/disk but now it is /media/disk-1.

I could change the configuration files to match the current state or I can change the current state so that the existing configuration files work. I'd like to do the latter since BackupPC is not the only thing that broke and so I need to understand how autofs/udev decides how and where to mount things.

I'll start a new thread for that.

Steve