multimedia keys, F10

hello,

can anyone help me to make my multimedia keyboard work under F10?

I have a  Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v2 here
(http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Laser-Desktop-69A-00001/dp/B000H14IDC/ref=cm_cmu_pg_i)
with a standard set of multimedia keys for audioplayer, volume control,
some application quick starters and a buttons numbered 1 to 5 plus a star button (have no idea what are these for). They used to work all the way through fedora 4 to 8. And with F8, after one of the updates they just stopped working. I mean, I had the keycodes mapped to buttons in my ~/.Xmodmap

keycode 162 = XF86AudioPlay
keycode 144 = XF86AudioPrev
keycode 153 = XF86AudioNext
keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute
keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 233 = XF86Forward
keycode 234 = XF86Back
keycode 161 = XF86Calculator
keycode 190 = XF86Messenger

Now these buttons just don't produce any keycodes whatsoever. Instead the other set of buttons (those with numbers), which never
worked, started to produce keycodes from 192 to 196.

So all this was on F8. Thus I've updated to F10, really hoping that those keys will just work, but nothing have changed.

Any suggestions  how to make my multimedia keys work again are appreciated

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F10 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./