Re: yumex starts without password

Mick M. wrote:
> When I log in I double-click the firefox icon and then the yumex icon.
> While firefox is thinking about starting  - yumex connects and starts,
> No password was asked for.

Are you sure you didn't just start yumex or some other program using
consolehelper before? Consolehelper will remember root authorization for a
while (as long as you don't log out, and I think there's also a time limit)
so you don't have to reenter the root password all the time. This can be
disabled per app in /etc/security/console.apps (remove SESSION=true for the
apps where you always want a password prompt).

        Kevin Kofler