Re: Python Guru needed

Jim wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> 1) This is getting offtopic
>>> 2) You need to at least send us the script you're using
>>> 3) There is no way that that line of code doesn't work if you did
>>> `import time` first
>>> 4) You may want to check and IRC channel such as
>>> irc://freenode.net/fedora
>>>

>> Also, there are several alarm apps already in Fedora, it doesn't seem
>> like you're trying to learn Python, so might be best to just use an
>> already existing app.
>>

> I told you in the beginning I know nothing about Python.
> I'm getting answers that assume, I know what your talking about, I
> don't, I just have a script that I'm asking how it works.
> What are the other scripts that are already in Fedora.

I know nothing about python either.....  But the comments of others has
got me to ....

import time
import os

not_executed = 1

while(not_executed):
        dt = list(time.localtime(time.time()))
        hour = dt[3]
minute = dt[4]
if hour == 5 and minute == 45:
        os.popen2("open /Users/jun/shout.mp3")
not_executed = 0

I added a "tab" to Lines 7 and 8 as well as a closing ) on Line 7.  Note
that blank lines are counted.
Line 11 also has a tab added.  Hope that helps...and I hope my
formatting survives.

--
FORTUNE REMEMBERS THE GREAT MOTHERS: #6 "Johnny, if you fall and break
your leg, don't come running to me!" -- Mrs. Emily Barstow, June 16,