Re: Help -- can't SSH into my box

John Aldrich:
>>> From what I've read, it appeared that there was no way to *not* have
>>> selinux and that the best you could do was to have it run in
>>> "permissive" mode. I'll have to give that a shot.

Tim:
>> Incorrect.  Whilst it's a recompile-everything-yourself customisation
>> nightmare to rip it out of a system, you can disable it.

Chris Snook:
> Not so.  You can completely disable it with selinux=0 on the kernel command line.

I think you need to read that again, all of it.  Because your "not so"
comment is completely out of place in replying to me.

John incorrectly reckoned it couldn't actually be disabled and had
correctly worked out that it can't be removed.  I said that you can't
remove it, short of making a completely custom system, but you *can*
disable it.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686