RE: xml editors for f9

There are a lot of open Java based XML editors that should work in Firefox,
Safari and many other browsers that are platform independent, one of them
should work for you and work the same if you have to move between OSes.

Jaxe, Xeena, oXygen, Xample, Exchanger (also debugs XSLT), xmloperator,
Xerlin, Xpontus, GenDoc (*Java2), xml-editor-java, XMLmind, Swing...is that
enough?

Google is your friend.