Re: Network interfaces refusing to start on boot: F10

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:11:16 -0500
Mark Haney wrote:

So, what's the deal?

The new default is NetworkManager. If you want networking to
behave exactly like it always used to, then you need to:

chkconfig --level 2345 NetworkManager off
chkconfig --level 2345 network on

That gets back the old network interface which is willing
to start interfaces at boot time.

Okay, so explain this to me. Why, in system-config-network, when I look at the interfaces does the box labeled 'Have Network Manager control Interface' (Or whatever it says, I'm not near my systems now) unchecked? If NM controls them, shouldn't that box be checked? I mean, why offer the options in 's-c-n' if they aren't going to be implemented?

--
Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support