Multiple windows on a window with KDE 4.x ? (1x24" display or 2x20" displays... )

Kind of off topic, but I'd love to know what people think of running a
single high quality 24 inch LCD display at 1920x1200 versus running 2 20
inch displays at 1680x1050.

I have the later setup (2 x 20"@ 1680x1050) and it works, no doubt about
it.  But its not like having a single display because the space isn't
contiguous.  I tend to use one display as my main work area and the
other for the off the side stuff.  It would be nicer if it was all one
area.

However, one thing I do really like about the dual monitor setup is that
one gets two windows,ie if one maximizes an application on one of the
screens, it expands to fill that screen and only that screen.

I'm wondering if its possible to have 2 windows in a single display
under KDE4.x  Is there a way to set half the display up to be one window
and half to be another window ?  With a 1920x1200 display, each window
could be 960x1200.

I'd love to hear what other neat window/display things can be done in
KDE4.x that I don't know about.

I think one can run each display as a separate Linux session.  I've
never done that.   If one does this, can one copy and paste data between
the two ?

Thanks