Re: Attempting DVD install :Fedora 10 x86_64 missing rpm?

On Monday 05 January 2009 03:46:46 Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the correct list for FC10 installation problems
> Please help:
> Can't get the DVD iso for FC10  x86_64 to install properly.
>
> What is the secret?  Did anyone else have this problem?

Ernesto, we don't even know what 'this problem' is.  You need to tell us
exactly what happened when you installed, including the last message you saw
on screen if it got as far as the reboot.  If it failed during the actual
install part the first questions to ask are

Did you download the .iso?
Did you check the sha1sum for the download?
How did you burn the disk?
Did the burn application verify the burn?

Does your system boot from DVDs, and is it set to do so?

If you are confident that all these are correct, then we need to know just how
far you got with the install.

Anne