Re: external hard drive

Peter Lesterhuis wrote:
Is it possible to install fedora 10 on an external hard drive
and create en dual boot system?
I do this fairly regularly. I have configured my laptop to boot first off of the USB interface. Each time a new Fedora release comes out, I plug in my USB drive and install it there, and migrate my home directory and whatever settings to it. That way, I can make sure everything works well before I upgrade the Fedora on the internal drive. If I find problems I can't solve, I just unplug the USB drive and boot off the internal one, and my old setup is there untouched.

Mike