Re: F10 - system hangs after anacron OK

David Burns wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Burns wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I do notice that when iptables is starting there is some message about
time
being off. But I can't catch it, it scrolls by too fast.

Do control-s and q work during boot?
When do those play in?
cntl
s and q seemed to do nothing.
So what should ctrl-s and q do?

I was  hoping control-s would stop the screen so you could read the
iptables message. Seems to me I have done that before, but not
recently. Maybe it no longer works.

What is prefdm?
prefdm is trying to launch a desktop manager, I think. Have you tried
booting into text mode or single user? Adding a 3 to the end of the
kernel line will put you in text mode, I think. If X is your problem,
that would work around it.

Dave

That's the big problem, Linux changes so fast that what was last year, is not for this year. Going on to Google to do a search for something that is FC10, some guy makes a wild guess about what happen with the same problem on FC7. It just doesn't apply.
Now I know why my hair is getting grayer at the age of 69.