Re: X with no KDE

On Tuesday 30 December 2008 00:21:17 Dave Feustel wrote:
> Is it possible to run X with no KDE software installed?
> If yes, how would the KDE software be deleted?
> (And how would it be restored if I changed my mind?)
>
> Thanks.

Of course, KDE is just one of the many DE(Desktop Environment) available.  The
other most common one is GNOME.  You are free to choose whichever one you
like!

If you want to remove KDE completely, you can do:

su -c 'yum groupremove kde-desktop'

and if you want to install it back:

su -c 'yum groupinstall kde-desktop'

But beware, when you remove it, there are some other things that might get
removed like (I think) NetworkManager!

--
Armin