PDF files in Firefox 3.0.5 in F10?

For a long time I have set my firefox so that when clicking on a link to a
pdf file in Firefox it will open the file in acroread outside of the browser
on the desktop.

I noticed that in F10 with a fully updated system, that despite the correct
behaviour being set in Edit->Preferences->Applications that Firefox now only
allows the option to download the pdf file! This is in the Gnome desktop and
does exactly the same on two different machines running the same system (and
SElinux is enabled)

Does anyone know if this is a bug or some weird intended behaviour in
Forefox 3.0.5 ?