Re: system-config-network issue

On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 22:17 +0100, Alain Roger wrote:

        > Well, this 'answer' is entirely different. Fedora packages are
        > typically signed to prove that they come from approved Fedora sources.
        > yum check for that 'public key' to verify the package. Apparently, you
        > didn't get the package from an approved source, and so yum doesn't
        > want to install them -- basically it's trying to protect you.
        >
        > If you are really sure that you want to do this:
        >
        > yum --nogpgcheck localinstall
        > system-config-network-1.5.95-1.fc10.noarch.rpm
        > system-config-network-tui-1.5.95-1.fc10.noarch.rpm

        it works very well now. thanks a lot.
        it's true that i went on several forums to find those packages so may be

These are the standard ones for F10, but the F10 keys may be different
from the keys for older releases.  I don't recall which version you are
running.

        they are not signed/certified but they fixed the bug of

They probably are, but just not wit a key you have.

        system-config-network and the gateway/static IP bug :-)

It would be a public service to file a bug asking that they be
backported to F9, if they have not already.  Probably, you won't be able
to convince anyone to backport to F8, because EOL is so close.

        A.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences