Re: Gnash help

Simon Slater wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 20:18 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
>
>> 	Merry Christmas All.
>>
>> 		An urgent but not life-or-death question.  I went to
>> http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/yacht_tracker.asp?key=522 to check the race
>> progress but the yacht tracker downloaded but doesn't run.  Right
>> clicking shows it is using gnash.  Where do I start looking?
>>
>> 	I am using F8, gnash-0.8.2.3.fc8 and firefox 2.0.0.10. The race
>> finishes on Sunday morning, hence the urgency :).  If someone can point
>> me in the right direction I'll start chasing it tomorrow.  If someone
>> could verify that gnash works on this site, that would be a start.  This
>> site worked with flash for last year's race, so I could always swap over
>> to that.
>>
>> 	Seasons greetings
>>

> 	Well, some joy during the night.  I refreshed the page late last night
> and the plot of yachts is showing.  But this morning it has not
> refreshed itself, the refresh plot button doesn't seem to work, nor do
> the the zoom, favourites etc seem to work.  Firefox was set to block
> popups, so have enabled that for this site.  I'll wait till after
> breakfast and if no response by then I'll refresh the page again.

Well...it seems nearly impossible to test this site from Taiwan.  It is
painfully, painfully slow.  It took nearly 5 minutes to load that page
in both FF on Linux and IE7 on Vista.  Updates are equally sluggish.
Actually, sluggish would be fast compared to that site.

--
Such a foolish notion, that war is called devotion, when the greatest
warriors are the ones who stand for peace. Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx