Re: video crashes firefox

Em Qui 25 Dez 2008, Anne Wilson escreveu:
> On Thursday 25 December 2008 00:15:46 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > >
> > > Firefox is crashing and causing freeze-ups so often here that I'm
> > > going to explore getting flash to work on Konqueror.  I'll use FF
> > > as little as possible until this version is replaced.
> >
> > Same thing here. In special, Java applets make it crash a lot (open
> > jdk vm).
>
> How can you tell that it's Java applets?  And is there anything that
> can be done about it?

Because it crashes right after the applet loads, and this happens often.
Also, sometimes the applet that should be embedded in the page
incorrectly opens in a separate small window, then it crashes and takes
down all opened Firefox windows with it.
I don't know what can be done about this, but the version of Firefox
that was provided in the F10 DVD did not crash so often. This began to
happen after a few updates, though I can't remember exactly which one.
Indeed, I can't even be sure the problem is in Firefox, it might be in
some other package it depends on.
The fact is that the current version crashes are very frequent, and not
only with java applets.

[]'s
Marcelo