Re: nautilus VS samba

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 18:28 -0500, fred smith wrote:
> the old win98 I have in a vmware session. No problem.
>
> But in nautilus on the fedora 10 box it just says:
>
> 	Unable to mount location
> 	Failed to retrieve share list from server.
>
> Now this is weird: On that same laptop, as an ordinary user, I can open
> a terminal and type in this command:
>
> 	smbclient //192.168.2.12/dirname mypassword -U myusername
>
> and voila, I'm connected to my shared home dir on the Centos box.

In the Nautilus "Connect to Server" dialog, are you entering a "User
Name"?

On my F9 laptop, I find if I do that the share won't mount.  I have to
just enter the server and share information only.  Then, when it tries
to use the share, it prompts me for the username and password and it
works correctly.

It didn't used to be this way, and I've gotten it to lead to two icons
for the same Samba share, but I haven't had the time to install/test it
on F10 and file the bugzilla if it still exists.

- Adam