Re: Got networking, now missing hardware 3D graphics

tom wrote:

Aside: I can not remember a Red Hat or a Fedora release that has given me
these kinds of fits. I'm sure they have but...  Must have been a while.

To quickly recap the situation. I started by installing F10 from DVD, and the networking aspect declined to function. Two reinstalls later, and much fussing and fiddling, networking came up on its own with Network Manager on the first boot post install. What changed is a wonderful question that I have no clue about. On to the next steps (obviously)

This is an old machine, and has an nVidia GeForce FX5500 video card in
an AGP slot. I recognize the proprietary nature of nVidia's drivers, so
it was off to RPMfusion to get the 173.X drivers/stuff. After much mucking about, I finally got the nvidia driver installed such that I could get something other than 640x280 (yuck!), but there is no acceleration for OpenGL like there is supposed to be. The error message from one application includes the phrase: "Could not create GL context".

Besides my mind, what am I missing here? Or what do I need to post to find out what I'm missing? Or

HALP!

Thanks in advance for the assistance

I think nvidia has dropped support for "older" graphics cards in the latest driver. You should research the issue on the nvidia web site, but I think you'll need to install an older driver.

Regards,

John