Re: How to get screen resolution of 1440x900?

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I am in the same boat. I could be mistaken, but I thought this was part of
> kernel mode setting. If I understand correctly, to enable modelines not
> supported by the bios (hence, formerly, 915resolution), the kernel
> modesetting must work, and that is not sheduled to be until kernel-2.6.29
> for Intel graphics.
>
> Someone please correct me, as I am also getting tired of waiting and
> waiting and...

No, the X11 modesetting should also work. The old driver which used the BIOS
for modesetting isn't used anymore, all current modesetting
implementations, both the X11 one and the kernel one, do the work on their
own. I don't know why it isn't offering you the correct resolution. You can
hardcode it in xorg.conf.

        Kevin Kofler