Re: PackageKit has eaten my system (again!)

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:11:39 +0100
DB <Freddog_de@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

...snip...

> Thanks again Kevin.... It seems that each time you give me another
> lead, rpm wants another 2 or 3 files......  It'd be alright if I
> could find a readable list of what is required to install an rpm!

Well, yum solves this problem, but sadly you are trying to install
it. ;(

You can look in the package directories (the same ones the other
packges are in) and pull down the likely packages and add them to your
rpm command line.

If you have another machine with yum-utils you can use 'yumdownloader
--url packagename' to get a url to use to download to the affected
machine.

> Dave

kevin