Re: Text rendering in FX3

Hi, Tim,

Em Seg 22 Dez 2008, Tim escreveu:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 19:06 -0600, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> >   http://home.comcast.net/~marc_schwartz/FF2.png
> >
> > You can see that the page looks just fine.
> >
> > Here is the same page using FF 3.1 Beta 2, which I also DL'd from
> > Mozilla, just to be sure that the same behavior is still present.
> > BTW, this happens in 3.0.5, which was just released for F10 and is
> > now the default version on my system:
> >
> >   http://home.comcast.net/~marc_schwartz/FF31B2-1.png
> >
> > You can see the top of the page, where the left hand navigation
> > column is centered, pushing the other content below it. Here is a
> > second picture of the same page, scrolled down, so that you can see
> > the transition to the main content:
> >
> >   http://home.comcast.net/~marc_schwartz/FF31B2-2.png
>
> This looks more like CSS issues (or JavaScript, if they're messing
> with JavaScript to style the page).  You might narrow your problem
> down by reloading the page with one or the other disabled,
> separately.
>
> But, for what it's worth, the site in the screengrab looks fine,
> loaded directly here on Firefox 3.0.4 on Fedora 9.  So I can't
> absolutely reason why it does that, from my side of the fence.
> However...
>
> Font sizing often has peculiar effects on page layout.  The authors
> wrote the page using a particular size (either specified on their
> pages, or set in their browsers), and it worked fine, for them.  But
> someone else with a different font size (because they set their
> browser configuration differently, or their X resolution and scaling
> of fonts changed the proportions of things) may see page layouts move
> about in odd ways.

But I did test that site (http://www.itaupersonnalite.com.br in FX3 on
Linux with exactly the same font configuration that I had set up in FX3
on Windows. The windows version displays the site correctly, the linux
version does not. There's something more than font configuration here.
Anyway, thanks for the info you have provided.

[]'s
Marcelo