Getting DHCP to work/f10 declines to start network

I'm giving f10 a try on a new disk, and therefor a fresh install.
I'm supposed to be picking up (and was with f8) the ip4 address
from a dnsmasq server via dhcp, but f10 is barfing. Well, not
entirely, as the IP6 style networking shows on ifconfig, but since
I don't want IP6 networking at this moment, that isn't exactly
usefull.

Now since I dislike Network Manage on a desktop machine, and would
prefe to have the network come up during boot, what is the prefered
way to get rid of Netwreck Mangler (sp?), and bring the network
up the old fashioned way.

I'd love to see pointers or suggestions on trouble shooting this
type issue also.

And now to go pester fiend Google and find out how little I
understand 8-/.

Thanks for the assistance.