Re: starting multiple simultaneous downloads of a file

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Em Sex 19 Dez 2008, Les Mikesell escreveu:
Ali, Saqib wrote:
Hello All,

I am looking for a utility that can start multiple simultaneous
downloads of a file. I was looking into wget, but it doesn't seem
like that it can do that.

Any thoughts?
You've got a multi-tasking system.  Why not run as many copies of
wget as you want?

I think he want to download multiple parts of the same file simultaneously and assembly the file at the end of the downloads. Multiple copies of wget would not get the job done.

Is that useful on a high-latency satellite link or something?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx