printer finding?

There are some uncountable number of printers hooked to the
network at work. Somehow, fedora 10 seems to have discovered
one of them all by itself, and I'm just kind of wondering
how the devil it did that.

More mysterious is the device URI that shows up in the
printer properties:

ipp://labpc2:631/printers/shemp

I'm suspecting labpc2 is a linux box that happens to have
shemp configured as a printer and I can find it because it
is on the same subnet as my PC (all the printers are actually
on a different subnet), so I'm not going directly to the
printer, but to a different linux box and then to the printer.

Is that a good theory? :-).