Re: Whoa! Need help resolving Yum issues

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:05:20 -0800, Dan wrote:

I get this error from Yum...

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on
:1.31:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit: dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name
"(unset)" destination ":1.31")

You need updates: yum -y --skip-broken update

I cannot seem to be able to get my yum updates working. It
is showing all sorts of dependency errors and I removed:

+ kadu
+ gyachi

These are known and being worked on.
They should not have been published so early.
Some of these issues have been discussed.
Join the corresponding update requests at:
 https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates

and finally the only one left is:

fuse-emulator

for which I cannot remove.

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update fuse-emulator

If you're a user of this, give feedback at:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2008-11279

You will find your answer at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F10Common
under D-Bus packages break some functionality.

Alex