Re: Fedora User Guide

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 17:42 -0500, Matthew Daniels wrote:
> Fedora User Guide Update
> ========================
>
> The user guide for Fedora 8 has been hidden within the
> FedoraProject.org wiki for some time now.  It has finally been cleaned
> up and placed neatly in its own page.  We have also added a User Guide
> category under which future UGs should be located.
Well, thank you, but it does appear a bit basic. Most apps come with
documentation but some things really do need explaining - like sound.
The Fedora desktop menus provide a volume control for ALSA (and OSS) and
another one for PA. There is also a Sound Preferences window, the first
tab of which bears little resemblance to what is described in the help
file. Some of this stuff one can figure out by trial and error and
playback seems to work reliably but recording is a different matter.
--
N. James Bridge <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>