Re: Evolution with mapi plugin?

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:30 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote, On 12/17/2008 06:15 AM:
> > I guess you have the privilege of not having to deal with "the great
> > unwashed" who routinely send and want to receive HTML e-mail. They also
> > don't know that the business norm (imposed originally bu MS Outlook) of
> > top-posting is also bad email etiquette. Hope you don't have to deal
> > with them either, but most of the one I deal with have titles that start
> > with the letter "C" or "V" - and they write very big checks. They are
> > less inclined to write one with your name on it if you openly refuse to
> > communicate in the language and style they are accustomed to...
>
> Except when the CIO of the community you are talking about has decided that
> from a security standpoint having an email client render RTF and HTML have
> become unsafe.
>
>   Some businesses have now intentionally modified their email clients to NOT
> render RTF and HTML, and have made it such that to enable them is a firing
> violation of company policy.
>
> i.e. don't count on being able to say "the blue text in bullet three is the
> important part" anymore.

...And we all know that, while such exceptions exist, they are indeed
the exceptions and not the general rule. In fact the only CIO positions
I know of that would border on such a policy are US Navy.

In the corporate world, such a policy would likely get the CIO fired by
the CEO and the Board...

--
"Only two things are infinite,

-- Albert Einstein