Re: Evolution with mapi plugin?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Christopher A. Williams
<chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree there are a bunch of other things that need to be fixed in Evo
> besides a good HTML composer, but that doesn't make the need any less of a problem.

I understand it is a problem for some, but the stability problems
affect everyone. Unfortunately a lot of devel effort these days seems
to be focussed on Exchange compatibility, another issue which is
vitally important for some users but of no interest at all to others,
including myself. So it goes. I still use Evo because I like most of
the bits I use (essentially just the mail component) but I'm
increasingly inclined to jump ship to Claws or the new Tbird. The day
the cost of changing becomes less than the benefit, ciao Evo.

> I guess you have the privilege of not having to deal with "the great
> unwashed" who routinely send and want to receive HTML e-mail. They also
> don't know that the business norm (imposed originally bu MS Outlook) of
> top-posting is also bad email etiquette. Hope you don't have to deal
> with them either, but most of the one I deal with have titles that start
> with the letter "C" or "V" - and they write very big checks. They are
> less inclined to write one with your name on it if you openly refuse to
> communicate in the language and style they are accustomed to...

I'm not unsympathetic to people in this situation.

> I heard rumors that a newer composer plugin for Evo may be in the works
> somewhere, but haven't heard anything official on it. We'll see.

Perhaps you mean this (not actually a plugin but a rewrite):
http://www.go-evolution.org/New_Composer. This is already in 2.24 and
apparently will be improved, so maybe you'll get your wish.

poc