Apt-get really screwed up on F9

Anyone using apt, and apt-get on F9?

There were problems with synaptic on F9. I could remove packages, but not
install packages. MD5 sum missmatch problem. I posted a bug report for this,
and saw there was already another bug report for the same problem.

As of the last day or so, I did an apt-get update, and got the following.

[djmons@localhost djmons]$ ssh 192.168.0.196
djmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
Last login: Sun Nov  2 20:24:44 2008 from 192.168.0.230
-bash-3.2$ su
Password:
[root@localhost djmons]# apt-get update
Get:1 http://download.fedora.redhat.com fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey/
repomd.xml [2390B]
Get:2 http://linuxdownload.adobe.com linux/i386 repomd.xml [951B]
Get:3 http://rpm.livna.org 9/i386/ repomd.xml [2142B]
Get:4 http://download.fedora.redhat.com
fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/ repomd.xml [2442B]
Fetched 7925B in 2s (3489B/s)
Hit http://download.fedora.redhat.com fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey/
primary.sqlite
Hit http://download.fedora.redhat.com fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey/
filelists.sqlite
Hit http://download.fedora.redhat.com
fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/ primary.sqlite
Hit http://download.fedora.redhat.com
fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/ filelists.sqlite
Hit http://linuxdownload.adobe.com linux/i386/ primary.xml
Hit http://linuxdownload.adobe.com linux/i386/ filelists.xml
Hit http://rpm.livna.org 9/i386/ primary.sqlite
Hit http://rpm.livna.org 9/i386/ filelists.sqlite
Hit http://rpm.livna.org 9/i386/ primary.sqlite
Hit http://rpm.livna.org 9/i386/ filelists.sqlite
apt-get: rpm/rpmindexfile.cc:645: std::string
rpmRepomdIndex::IndexURI(std::string) const: Assertion `Res.size() > 0'
failed.
Aborted
[root@localhost djmons]#

I've had to do a yum update to update F9, which went ok, but what the hell has
gone wrong with apt, and apt-get?

I have to say that I'm really annoyed with this, as I've been using apt since
Fedora Core 1, with virtually no problems.

As a side issue rpmfusion has just come on the scene, and where I could you
apt with livna, and freshrpm's, but rpmfusion has no support for users of
apt, but only Yum.

I think it's about time to say goodbye to new versions of Fedora. I'm posting
from FC2. No longer supported, but working like clockwork, apart froma small
problem with my mouse from time to time.

Fedora users ignore this post please. This is a complaint to the Fedora
developers, who are living in their own little world. I thought that Linux
was about choices, but it appears that Fedora devs have decided that Yum is
the way to go, and Apt can go down the can, and be no longer supported.

I couldn't care less what replies I get, as I'm seriously pissed off with
Fedora 9 at the moment..

Nigel.