GDM and powersave

On a system I have installed clean F10 the powersave kicks in on the monitor
just fine if set in the screensaver area in gnome for a logged in user.
However if the user logs out, then the screen blanks out after some period
as expected, but the monitor does not go into powersave any any point.

Can someone tell me where the settings are for the timings for these two
features of GDM? I presume that this is something that can be set somewhere?