Re: Bastille on F10?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:06:54 -0500
DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY@xxxxxxxx ("McGuffey, David C.") wrote:

> Anyone tested the Bastille hardening process on F10?  In a few days
> I'll be building an F10 box and plan to lock it down.  Would be nice
> to start with Bastille rather than having keep tweaking old scripts.

I have never been too clear about the reason for the existance of
Bastille. If there are improvements to be made in Fedora's security out
of the box, perhaps we could just make them?

In any case if you have selinux enabled, apply updates in a timely
manner and use a firewall you should be in pretty good shape.

> Dave McGuffey
> Principal Information System Security Engineer // NSA-IEM, NSA-IAM
> SAIC, IISBU, Columbia, MD

kevin