Re: Why was this dbus disaster released mid-release?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Joshua C. <joshuacov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does the maintainer read this list?  He still works on it (in
koji) but it seams he doesn't know that the user are using his
broken "update"
He's aware.. he's apologized publicly in the -devel-list.

-jef
 in a world where people are simply used to windows crashing and
burning on a regular basis, it's amusing to see the consternation in
the linux community when one bad package escapes into the wild.

 man, some of you folks have gotten spoiled.

rday

I have to admit, not having to do weekly virus+spyware+defrag+updates
does get one lazy.

Excuse me? YUM is completely broken! What the #$@&$ am I supposed to do now but wait? Until January? This is a period of time when most companies have a code freeze. I will be amazed if ReadHat does not take to the same.